Responding in times of crisis
When crisis strikes, urgent resources are ready, and often prepositioned, to reach areas in need as quickly as possible through ADRA’s global network and partners. Funds, materials, and personnel are coordinated through ADRA’s country offices nearest to the disaster so plans can be put into action immediately and appropriate relief supplies reach the areas hardest hit.
Did you Know?
Emergencies can mean anything from natural disasters, wars or conflicts, famine and more. For these, Asia is considered at high risk not just geographically, but particularly because millions of people are already living below the poverty line.
Here are some of the ways that you’re helping to reach those in need during crises:
– Initial emergency needs distributed to affected populations such as food, water and medical supplies
– Providing shelter kits and other tools to rebuild
– Increasing access to safe and clean WASH facilities in camps and vulnerable communities
– Providing cash assistance, distributing unconditional cash transfers and setting up Cash for Work mechanisms
– Training in WASH and gender, particularly in camps and temporary shelters
– Support to Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons
– Responding to COVID-19 by providing hand washing stations, hygiene promotion, distribution of hygiene materials and supporting food security and livelihoods
The ‘Reducing the Impact of the COVID-19 in Viqueque Municipality’ project is funded by the New Zealand Embassy in Timor-Leste with a total budget of $50,000 USD. The project is working with the Viqueque COVID-19 Task Force led by the District Administrator and 7 partners to; enhance the resources of Viqueque DHS with supplies of hygiene materials for health facilities, increase knowledge of COVID-19 through trainings on tippy tap guidelines and distributions of soaps and hand washing units to 38 savings groups and 53 farmer groups, installing hand washing stations in key locations for public access, increasing access to agriculture production capitals amongst smallholder farmers and improving supply chain effectiveness between farmers and buyers.
ADRA distributes much needed items for flood victims
[English below] ADRA Timor-Leste halo ona distribuisaun materiál báziku sira hodi apoia família balu ne’ebé hetan impaktu grave husi inundasaun ne’ebé akontese iha Dili foin lalais ne’e.
ADRA Timor-Leste has distributed items to support families affected by severe flooding that took place in Dili on Easter Sunday.
Flash Flooding and Landslides Sweep Across Timor-Leste and Indonesia Displacing Thousands
ADRA Timor-Leste is on the ground providing emergency assistance to some of the 2,000+ households displaced this week
COVID-19 Distribution in Viqueque
Up to now, we are greatful that we do not have any COVID-19 suspect in Viqueque. ADRA, as well as some other NGOs, have shared information about preventing COVID-19 at the suco and aldeia levels.