Purpose of position
To take the primary role in developing Information, Education and Communication (IEC) material and Public Relations (PR) related material in the Nutritious Food Enterprises (NFE) project. Working with the program manager and the NFE project coordinator in overall planning.
Only applicants with communication/design experience will be considered for this position.
- Overall data development IEC material for the NFE cooking program
- Design and Development of the recipe book for the NFE project
- Short video production of the NFE project, showing key milestones reached, and challenges faced, and achievements accomplished
- Collect stories from the NFE project
- Collect high-quality photos from the field
- Create small (1 paragraph) stories with relevant photos that can be uploaded to ADRA’s social media websites (such as Facebook, the ADRA Timor-Leste website and other potential sources)
- Act responsibly in the job assigned and practice good conduct according to the ADRA Timor-Leste Policy Manual or staff handbook.
- Undertake any other tasks that may be delegated by the ADRA Timor-Leste Program Manager / Finance Manager that are in keeping with the scope of the role.
Additional project activities may also include:
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
- Extensive experience in delivery and presentation with graphic design software programs like InDesign, Photoshop, Moviemaker type programs
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work in rural Viqueque and deal with challenges related to remote settings
- Ability to prepare and work within budgets for planned training activities
- Excellent community engagement skills
- Possess a strong vision for the project goals
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team, organise work and supervise others
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to take on tasks and learn new to apply new concepts in community settings
- Uphold the values of ADRA Timor-Leste
- Be willing to undertake travel as required by the project
Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Child Protection Policy: ADRA Timor-Leste is a child safe organisation and screens applicants for suitability to work with children, the successful applicant will be required to obtain a police check. Police checks must be conducted for each country in which the individual has lived for 12 months or longer over the last five years, and for the individual’s country of citizenship. Individuals need to provide their consent to a criminal record check and should be informed of the purpose for which the resulting police clearance certificate should be used. ADRA Timor-Leste recognises that in limited instances it may prove impossible to obtain a reliable criminal record check. A statutory declaration outlining efforts made to obtain a police check, and disclosing any charges and spent convictions related to child exploitation, may be accepted in lieu.”
Job Location: The position will be based in Viqueque District.
Applications for the position are due on 11 August 2017 at 12:00 pm. Candidates fulfilling the criteria may send in their application along with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae and full contact address to the following email addresses:
or deliver to:
ADRA Timor Leste,
Rua Manleuana, Dili,
Phone: 7734 3963
Only short listed candidates will be notified and applications will not be returned. Only applicants with communication experience will be considered for this position